I woke up this morning feeling crazed. Does anyone else feel like they are psychotic during their period? I feel like I am totally unravelling, like if this video were run in reverse:
So lucikly, my antipodean chum Ms Robinson had a calm soothing task for me. The equivalent of eating an egg with soldiers. She had tagged me to do a meme entitled: WHAT ARE YOU READING?
These are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people
So here I go:
1. 365 Manners Kids Should Know by Sheryl Eberly.
2. Under a heading called How to eat shish kabob the fifth sentence says:
When your child is served meat and vegetables on a large skewer, he should hold the skewer in his left hand with the end of the skewer resting on the plate.
4. The best approach is to take off just a few pieces at a time so that he doesn't lose control and send the meat onto the tablecloth. After the meat and vegetables are on the plate, they're cut into bite-sized pieces and eaten with a fork. Shish kabob served as an appetizer on a tiny skewer is held in the fingers and eaten directly from the skewer.
[N.B. after I read this I wondered what the proper etiquette might be for eating the new mash cone from Aunt Bessie's (sausage, mash potato, gravy and peas in an ice cream cone), or indeed which creative genius came up with the idea of the mash cone, but I digress. This is only available in the UK right now. Has anyone had one?]
5. And now I will tag the gorgeous sparsely kate (who is looking for a Scottish boyfriend), Inchy with the shiny helmet, Electro-Kevin,
a train driver who makes my engine throb, pussy fancier midnight and sex goddess Marcelle Manhattan.
2 hours ago