We're snowed in up to our eyeballs here in Baltimore so time to switch on the computer for some light relief.
So, I got challenged by another blogger to share 11 things about me
My 11 questions are:
1. What advice would you give your brand new blogging self now?
Don't air all your dirty laundry in public.
2. What four words would you say to your 18 year old self?
David Bowie is never going to marry you.
3. What three things do you think define you as either a Brit or American?
Obsession with strong cups of tea or lack thereof
Ability to go for long walks in icy rain and enjoy it because it is 'bracing'
Deep and abiding love of the Eurovision Song Contest especially the year Bucks Fizz won.
4. Which TV show character are you and why?
Well I am definitely Eddie from Ab Fab because I love to drink a lot of wine and natter inanely. Also, we are kindred spirits in that I have never been on a diet for more than half a day.
5. Apocalypse Now or Mary Poppins?
I haven't seen Apocalypse Now so it's Chim Chim Charoo all the way for me!
6. Are white lies okay to tell? Please elaborate!
Yes of course. If you are getting ready to go out and your friend has poured herself into an outfit that does her no favors, maybe like these green leggings ....
and she maybe asks you, 'do I look fat in these?' then the answer is always NO so as not to hurt her feelings. And then you can say something like 'Although that color does make you look a bit washed out' and help her pick something from her wardrobe that makes her look less like a stuffed courgette.
7. Whether you are a parent or not, what are the three most important things about raising a child?
The greatest gift you can give your child is time.
Children will make a lot of mess and break all your furniture. Get over it.
Sometimes it is easiest to feed your toddler spaghetti and meatballs in the bath for easy cleanup.
8. Favourite swear word and why?
I have so many favorites it is impossible to choose.
9. If you could have one super power what would it be?
Eating a lot of cake and staying slim.
10. Worst holiday experience ever.
I think it might have been when I was 15 and went on an overnight ski trip with my mum in a coach and I drank a bottle of whisky with some lads in the back and threw up all over myself and passed out and when I woke up in the morning with the mother and father of all hangovers and my mum explained what had happened I said, "Why didn't you stop me doing that?" and she said, "Well I wanted to teach you a lesson." Lesson learnt. I cannot touch whisky since that day.
11. Elevator pitch to the Huffington Post, no more than 30 words, for your blog…..
When this London City Chick swapped life in the fast lane for the slow pace of Baltimore, USA she decided to blog about it. Follow her ups and downs as she swaps crumpets for crab cakes.
Now I have to:
• Acknowledge the nominating blogger by linking back to their blog – thanks Claire at http://ukdesperatehousewifeusa.com/
• Invite 11 more bloggers to take up the challenge and give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are my questions:
1. If you could go back in history who would you most like to meet?
2. What was one of the most embarassing things your kid said in public?
3. If you were an animal what would you be and why?
4. Have you ever eaten Haggis? Did you like it?
5. What's the stupidest thing you have said in a job interview?
6. Do you believe in friendship between men and women?
7. Is Kate Middleton someone you look up to or someone who seems awfully nice but basically completely uninteresting?
8. Do you feel like you are a slave to technology?
9. Have you ever had a chip butty? If not would you like to?
10. If you were on a desert island what one record from the 80s would you bring with you?
11. Do you understand the rules of American football?
Okay, so, the nominees are…
Linking up with #AllAboutYou Linky Party: